Senior/Principal Scientist Immunology
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior/Principal Scientist Immunology for an opportunity to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life.
- To provide technical expertise to the Research and Clinical Organization with respect to the best strategy to analyse the immune system response directed against AAV.
- Design, analyse and conduct experiments to dissect immunogenicity of AAV vectors to address the main immunological challenges faced by AAV gene therapy: barriers to AAV therapy, immunological responses to AAV transduction & possibility of dosing/redosing.
- You will work closely with other research functional teams.
- Design, analyse and conduct experiments, to evaluate and advance novel immunotherapy drug candidates.
- Develop and trouble-shoot assays for T-cell function, including T-cell profiling for very low frequency cells (use of Elispot, multimers), FACS sorting/analysis, cytotoxic assays using a variety of methodologies.
- Establish robust clinically relevant T-cell expansion protocols and assess frequency, phenotype and functionality using several immunoassays such as high-dimensional flow cytometry (e.g. tetramer-based detection of antigen-specific CD8+ T cells) and others.
- Provide expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects.
- May also require identification and establishment of collaboration with key academic institutions.
- Troubleshooting the testing process, recommending and executing paths forward to resolve analysis problems.
- Highly motivated scientist, team player with excellent communication, analysis and writing skills.
- PhD in Immunology or related field with 3-5 years relevant experience post PhD.
- Deep expertise in Immunology in conjunction with expertise in AAV field highly desired.
- Proven experience of relevant immunological laboratory techniques (e.g. cytokines profiling, T cells assays, biomarkers identification for disease progression and/or response to treatment).
- Strong experience with flow cytometry instruments, high-dimensional flow cytometry analyses, cell sorting and transcriptomics required.
- Experience in developing new and troubleshooting assays.
- Ability to perform assignments of moderate to high complexity by conceiving and performing experiments, interpreting and analysing data and writing reports.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
CHF65 - CHF70 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a BTD Project Manager on a contract basis, to join a world-wide pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland
CHF50 - CHF52 per hour
Hobson Prior are working with a biopharmaceutical company in Switzerland who focus on discovering, developing and bringing more, pioneering medicines to patients.
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation on a fixed-term contract in Stevenage.
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a gene therapy organisation who are determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
£0 - £0 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Biotechnologist - DSP to join a top clinical-stage biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
£0 - £0 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a GMP Upstream Processing Manager to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
CHF80000 - CHF100000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Software Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation focused on providing better ventilation care to patients living with severe illnesses.
$140000 - $150000 per annum
Hobson Prior are in search for a Biomarker Scientist Lead to join a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical organisation who are dedicated to developing innovative immunotherapeutics
£95 - £100 per hour
Hobson Prior currently having an exciting opportunity for a Biologics Drug Substance/Drug Product Technology Transfer Engineer to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation
$85000 - $90000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a MS&T Scientist/Senior Scientist to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health all over the world through discovering