Senior Director Business Development
Hobson Prior are working with a growing Oncology-focused biotech company in the South of France, who are seeking a Senior Director Business Development to join them on a permanent basis. This position will be accountable for developing and executing the company's BD strategy and functional plans in line with the organisation's corporate objectives.
- You will be acting as the business development/transaction interface between internal team members and potential partner companies.
- You will be driving the deal process from initial prospecting, technical review, proposal creation, contract drafting, negotiation, and implementation.
- Developing the business case and overall assessment of the opportunity including the financial model working cross-functionally with other functions.
- Playing a lead role in the innovation and enhancement of business development services and products within the company- aiming to grow our forecasting offering through the development of new capabilities and business.
- Proactive, hands-on approach to business development to ensure that revenue targets and key performance indicators are constantly over-achieved with incremental revenue growth from both the existing partnerships, as well as identifying and penetrating within new partners.
- Conducting and utilizing market research and insights on patient needs and market trends in support of business development and partnering discussions, constantly monitoring market landscape and changing priorities if needed.
- Continuously evaluate current portfolio from cost and risk management perspective, identify products for alternate source development.
- Actively building, growing and maintaining in and out-licensing partner relationships to increase awareness of business development opportunities, ensuring a presence at all major partnering and scientific meetings.
- To clearly identifying and understanding stakeholder challenges and unmet needs, and providing thought-leadership in identifying opportunities, mitigating possible areas of risk and adding value to their business practices and performance, throughout development and commercialization of products.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Biomedical PhD (or related, e.g. Science or Business).
- At least 5-7 years + demonstrable relevant business development and strong deal-making experience working within the Biotech/Pharma industry with a deep understanding of the different challenges of Partnering and out-licensing deals (ideally within EU and US (ROW is an advantage)).
- Strong knowledge in the areas of oncology, novel cell therapies and immunotherapy products.
- An in-depth understanding of forecasting as a discipline, and familiarity of working with/developing forecasts and corporate models for US market required (preferably for Pharma & Biotech assets).
- Experience conducting market research for biopharma pipeline or in-line assets.
- Proven project leadership, business and strategic acumen with the know-how of having led the delivery of (multiple) partnered projects, with a focus on service quality, resource management and relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience of managing and working within global cross-functional teams remotely and operating within different time zones.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€47000 - €50000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Technical Sales Representative to be home-based, covering France & French Speaking North African Countries for an innovative biotech organisation.