Animal Lab Technician
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are working with a biopharmaceutical company in Switzerland who focus on discovering, developing and bringing more, pioneering medicines to patients. Our client is looking for a driven and experienced Animal Lab Technician to support their existing lab team in the animal care and the application of key techniques in the lab.
- Accountable for animal welfare-friendly keeping, care, and breeding of experimental animals (mice, rats, guinea pigs) under open and IVC housing.
- Cleaning of material, devices, and rooms in accordance with the hygiene requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording of daily animal health.
- Disinfection and sterilization of equipment.
- Online documentation of the animal population and of experimental and breeding processes.
- Partaking in the treatment of animals in the experiment.
- Assessment of the health status of our laboratory animals.
- Reliability, diligence, and a sense of responsibility.
- High ability to work in a team.
- Enjoys the responsible treatment of animals.
- Apprenticeship as an animal laboratory technician (Versuchstierfpleger) and/or equivalent education (BAC/BTS/DUT), specialized in biology or pharmacology.
- Several years of professional experience with rodents and laboratory animals.
- Be recognized from the BVET as an animal experimenter (LTK1 or equivalent).
- Good command of computer knowledge, especially with animal management systems.
- Good command of written and oral English, German and/or French.
- Understanding of the Drug Discovery processes.
- Willingness to work on weekends/public holidays on an hourly basis to for animal care services.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Hobson Prior are working with a global pharmaceutical company who are currently looking for a Purification Development Scientist to join them on a permanent
CHF95000 - CHF100000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently in search for an SAP Supply Chain Specialist to be home-based for a global pharmaceutical organisation who are committed to the research
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a QC Data Scientist to join a biopharmaceutical company, that is focused on developing specific therapies that harness the immune
€60000 - €70000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a System Architect Device Product Area to join a global leading manufacturer in the field of medical technology
Up to £1 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Scientific Director - In Vivo for an exciting opportunity to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in London with regular travel to Stevenage.
€40000 - €50000 per annum
Hobson Prior currently have an opportunity for an IT Engineer to join an innovative gene therapy organisation
£90000 - £110000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Hobson Prior currently have a new opportunity for a Laboratory Director to join a top organisation who delivers millions of products to hundreds of countries all over the world.
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a gene therapy organisation who are determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
Up to £36 per hour
Hobson Prior currently have a new opportunity for a Lims Engineer to join a top organisation on a 6 month contract.
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior QC Scientist to join a biopharmaceutical company, that is focused on developing specific therapies that harness the immune system to destroy cancer cells.