Peptide Chemistry Lab Associate
Hobson Prior are seeking a Peptide Chemistry Lab Associate to join a pharmaceutical organisation who discover and develop cutting edge therapies that will make a difference in the lives of patients. This role will be on a contract basis and will be located in Basel.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Synthesis of peptides by automated and manual solid phase peptide synthesis techniques to access mg to gram amount of peptides.
- Purification of peptides by analytical & preparative HPLC and related techniques.
- Characterization of peptides by mass spectrometry (ESI-MS, MALDI-TOF) and other related techniques.
- Careful and diligent documentation of research results to ensure reproducibility and compliance.
- The candidate will coordinate within the team and with CROs to execute synthesis requests in a timely and reliable manner.
- Will help in maintaining stocks of special building blocks and peptide supplies.
- Perform regular maintenance of peptide synthesizers.
- Experience in solid phase and solution phase peptide synthesis.
- Experience in preparing peptides of various lengths in batch and parallel processes.
- Experience in peptide scale-up and preparations under cGMP is an advantage.
- Proven ability to solve peptide synthesis problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new laboratory techniques and protocols.
- Apprenticeship/BSc/MSc in organic chemistry or biochemistry.
- 2 - 4 years of hands on peptide synthesis experience.
- 3+ years of biotech/pharma experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist - Bioanalysis to join a biotechnology organisation who are focused on saving lives
A new opportunity has arisen for a Bioprocess Engineer to join a world-wide leader focused on enabling people to live healthier lifestyles and create a healthy environment
Hobson Prior are looking for a Tech Transfer Specialist (Analytical) to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation who are committed to providing life-changing therapies
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for an Alliance and R&D Project Manager to join a biotechnology company whose mission is to improve
We are currently in search for a Bioprocessing Technician to assist in designing and carrying out mammalian cell culture operations such as expansion, transduction and harvesting.
£45000 - £50000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Microfluidic Engineer to contribute to the design of a microfluidics-based bioprocessing platform through design and development of microfluidic chips.
£43000 - £46000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Planner to join a Biotech organisation in either London where you will accountable for the planning and coordination of product
$125000 - $135000 per annum
We are looking for a talented Scientist II to advance the manufacturing of exosome therapeutics by developing and refining cell culture bioprocessing platforms.
£50000 - £53000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently searching for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Manager to join the CMC team to work within a vibrant development environment.
£47000 - £55000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently in search for a Principal QC Scientist to join a fast-paced biopharmaceutical organisation