MS & T Scientist Process Development (Downstream)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a MS & T Scientist Process Development (Downstream) for an exciting permanent position at a Biotech organisation in London. Our client is determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
- Develop downstream unit operations for the recovery and purification of AAV, including but not limited to chromatography, filtration and TFF.
- Accountable to support Manufacturing operations with implementing new processes and troubleshooting activities.
- You will build continuous understanding and knowledge of unit operations, to ensure process reproducibility and robustness.
- Scale up and tech transfer lab scale unit operations to in-house GMP production facility.
- Drive innovation and challenge conventional assumptions to ensure the organisation stays on the leading edge of manufacturing science and technology.
- Use appropriate process analytical tools to generate comprehensive and structured data, improve process understanding and identify optimization opportunities.
- Ambassador for the organisation at key Cell and Gene Therapy conferences.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Change Management.
- A BS degree in Bioprocess, Biochemical or Process Engineering or equivalent and over 2 years of biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- MS degree in Bioprocess, Biochemical or Process Engineering or equivalent and over a year of biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- PhD degree in a relevant Bioprocess, Biochemical or Process Engineering field and under a year of biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- Understanding of GMP and QbD considerations in a large-scale manufacturing environment.
- Have previous experience with developing and optimising chromatography unit operations for the purification of biopharmaceutical products.
- Have an understanding and experience with statistical and modelling software and tools, such as DoE, multivariate analysis, statistical tests.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.