Scientist II (Integrated Drug Substance Development Perfusion)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are searching for a motivated Scientist II to advance the manufacturing of exosome therapeutics by developing and refining cell culture bioprocessing platforms. You will have the chance to join a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical organisation focused on providing a new class of medicines with the potential to transform the treatment of diseases with unmet medical needs.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Accountable to self-sufficiently design and execute cell culture experiments related to development and characterization of cell culture processes.
- Perform experiments to establish linkage between bioreactor/perfusion process parameters to exosome yield and quality attributes.
- Partake and drive decision-making within the project team by leading scientific and technical discussions.
- Apply engineering principles in scaling up from bench to cGMP clinical manufacturing scale and transfer process knowledge to internal/external manufacturing teams.
- Implement process analytical technologies and automation for process monitoring and control.
- Resolve technical problems through prior knowledge of cell biology and application of statistical methods to experimental design and analysis.
- Collaborate and maintain good communication with Analytical and Research groups to deepen process knowledge and structure-activity relationships.
- Manage and maintain data in an organized manner - including authoring technical reports, tech transfer documents, and preparing scientific presentations as needed.
- Author scientific manuscripts and patents. Present work internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic with capability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, design/execute thoughtful experiments, and implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Requires an advanced degree in biochemical engineering, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with relevant industry experience (PhD 2+ years, MS 5+ years).
- You have previous experience in development and transfer of production processes for cGMP manufacturing of biologics.
- You are proficient with setup and operation of bench-scale bioreactors and perfusion cell separation or batch clarification.
- Previous experience with viral vectors or nanoparticles is admirable.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€80000 - €100000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a Head In Vivo Pharmacology to join a growing biotech organisation on a permanent basis in Germany.
A new position has opened for a Senior Scientist - IMS to join a biotechnology organisation who are focused on saving lives and reducing healthcare costs