Purification Development Scientist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are working with a global pharmaceutical company who are currently looking for a Purification Development Scientist to join them on a permanent basis in Cambridge. Our client's goal is to go beyond the limits of science and change lives through medicines.
- Supplies to the plans and designs of analytical studies and provides general scientific advice on specific topics to the team.
- Accountable to lead own work to ensure that agreed targets are met in a timely manner and to agreed quality standards, communicating progress appropriately.
- Completes relevant experiments and interprets results based on a standard methodology.
- Develops own level of proficiency by reading articles, collaborating with peer scientists or through contacts by other internal groups.
- Assesses and reports data, with little or no mentorship, in a clear and concise manner, with a clear understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug development.
- Discusses and defends the findings of experiments at follow-up meetings, or corresponding forums.
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible.
- Communicates with colleagues from other disciplines with the purpose of discussing project-related matters, sharing experiences and reporting progress.
- Searches for information which may improve research methodology and procedures.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment, quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Practice.
- May modify or improve processes and systems, depending on purpose of experiments.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills related to data analysis.
- Graduate or experienced non-graduate.
- Continuous ultracentrifugation, large scale depth filtration.
- An understanding of the principles and concepts associated with own subject/specialist area and an appreciation of the relevant science and literature.
- An understanding of the basic principles and concepts in a broad range of technology, or substantial experience in a narrower field of technology.
- An understanding of compliance systems.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Lab Scientist to join a top organisation who delivers products all over the world.
£20 - £25 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently working with a leading biotech organisation who are focused on the treatment of solid cancers. Our client is looking for a Research Associate - Cell Biology
$108000 - $128000 per annum
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a Senior Scientist Downstream Process Development to join a biotech organisation, focusing on improving health
$108000 - $128000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health