Principal Scientist - Bioanalysis
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist - Bioanalysis to join a biotechnology organisation who are focused on saving lives and reducing healthcare costs by advancing early detection and precision medicine. This role will be on a permanent basis and will be located in Cambridge.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- You will be managing the capability developments to control technical barriers, which may include additional cap exp. purchases, research studies, expertise, recognising partners and/or subcontracting.
- To be the point of contact for external collaborations and strategic partner engagement including, university research programmes, application of in vivo and in vitro discovery models, pharmaceutical testing and manufacturing and pre-clinical research activities at CROs.
- You will offer input on a diagnostic application technical feasibility as part of business case portfolio generation.
- To provide risk-based strategies for assessing applications technical feasibility and subsequent early-stage development.
- Communicating with research group leads, programme managers and technical leads, to continual review that approach is in line with business needs.
- You will have oversight of specific research activities for Departments and Programme to include the consultation and review of technical requirements specification, experimental briefs, plans, study protocols and reports.
- Provision of mentorship and development of the technical team in collaboration with the relevant Line Managers.
- In addition to this, you will play an active role in the success of the department. This could include acting as a technical reviewer for other projects, running or contributing to development seminars and deputising for more senior staff as required.
- Stakeholder management.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities.
- Higher degree in Biochemistry, analytical chemistry or equivalent discipline.
- Analytical science experience preferably within a drug development or diagnostic environment.
- Demonstrable experience in providing technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary research team.
- Proven experience in determining and translating technical requirements into a viable development strategy.
- Experience in managing and prioritising a portfolio of research activities.
- Experience in identifying strategic partners and setting up collaborations in either academia or industry.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€80000 - €100000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a Head In Vivo Pharmacology to join a growing biotech organisation on a permanent basis in Germany.
A new position has opened for a Senior Scientist - IMS to join a biotechnology organisation who are focused on saving lives and reducing healthcare costs