Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Director to join a top organisation who delivers millions of products to hundreds of countries all over the world. Our client is now focused on ensuring high-volume testing capacity for COVID-19 and have begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
- Accountable for the scientific oversight of the laboratory design, build and assist our logistics teams in procurement decisions.
- Responsible for the performance of testing in a high-performance laboratory.
- You will ensure that testing is properly performed, and applicable regulatory standards are met.
- Ensure that the laboratory implements testing while consistently providing accurate and reliable test results.
- Complete the duties of the technical supervisor, clinical consultant, general supervisor, and lab personnel, or delegate these responsibilities to personnel meeting the qualifications
- Ensure testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing.
- Ensure physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which personnel are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards and ensure that all other risks to health and safety are controlled effectively.
- Ensure verification procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision, and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method, and that laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure the results are returned within appropriate time frames and all testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory's performance and to identify any problems that require corrective action.
- Ensure that the quality control and quality assessment programs are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Specify the responsibilities and duties of each person engaged in the performance of the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing.
- Deliver professional and managerial leadership in the laboratory as well as taking responsibility for the interviewing, selection, and induction of staff.
- PhD in biomedical sciences subject or Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
- Hold a doctoral degree with a microbiological specialism, ideally virology.
- Prior experience directing or supervising high performance microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory.
- Previous experience as a senior manager of laboratory facilities, operating at CL2 or above.
- Extensive knowledge of microbiology, ideally virology and diagnostic techniques.
- Recognized management qualifications and /or attendance at courses on relevant management issues.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£45000 - £51000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Scientist (Plasmid Process Development) to join a world-wide biopharma organisation who are focused on changing the lives of patients
€25 - €30 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently working with a world-wide biopharma organisation who are looking for a QC Analyst who is capable of reviewing data & checking documentation prior to release of data.
£30000 - £34000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
$110000 - $150000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a late-stage biotech organisation specialising in improving health all over the world through discovering, developing and commercializing pioneering vaccines
$100000 - $150000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior/Principal Scientist (Analytical Development) to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health all over the world