Junior Technician - Vector Development
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for Junior Technician (Vector Development) to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation focused on developing local gene therapy. The Junior Technician will have a unique opportunity to partake in multidisciplinary projects with colleagues and will report to the senior scientist vector development.
- You will be involved in the implementation of current and new projects and external collaborations, focusing on the generation of new AAV-based vectors targeting inflammatory and other diseases.
- In addition, the research should generate new intellectual property to protect future products.
- Produce and purify research batches of vectors and is involved in their quality control and in vitro characterization using molecular, biochemical and cell culture techniques.
- Good documentation skills.
- Flexible, positive, devoted, dynamic and professional attitude.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Accurate, pro-active and well-organized.
- Fluent in English.
- MLO/HLO level or equivalent in Lifesciences, Biotechnology or equivalent.
- Experience with molecular biological and biochemical techniques including cloning, PCR, ELISA, Sequencing, Western Blot, and FACS.
- Experience with cell culture, preferably with production and purification of viruses.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£50000 - £65000 per annum
Hobson Prior are searching for a Quality Control Lead to join a Research Centre on a permanent basis in Stevenage.