Head of Medical Affairs
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Medical Affairs to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life.
- You will be responsible to manage the European Medical team and lead European Medical strategy and operations for all programs and assure high-quality achievement of corporate goals.
- Accountable to provide support for the development and management of regional post-marketing clinical trials, REMS, Investigator Sponsored Research, and registries, including determination of merit, oversight of study design, execution, data analysis, and communication.
- In partnership with European counterparts, provide support for regional clinical development, commercial, market access, government affairs, and patient advocacy activities as needed.
- Provide Medical expertise to the European Commercial organization as needed to assist in the development and execution of compliant commercial activities.
- Co-operating with the European Commercial organisation in supporting effective payer/reimbursement relations and outcomes research.
- Represent medical affairs at cross-functional European meetings related to clinical development, regulatory, and commercialisation.
- Represent Medical Affairs at key internal meetings. Communicate decisions to Medical Affairs Leadership Team and ensure strategic feedback from MALT into decisions at various work streams.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Proactive, collaborative, efficient, clear, and open working style.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- MD or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on Medical Affairs.
- Minimum 5 years of Medical Affairs management experience in a matrixed organization leading a post-approval medical team.
- Have demonstrated success in fostering effective relationships with KOLs, played a key role in developing effective medical communications, guiding product strategy and life cycle management, and managing and training others.
- Experience with commercialization of innovative and/or orphan disease therapies; rare disease experience desired.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.