GMP Upstream Processing Manager
Hobson Prior are looking for a GMP Upstream Processing Manager to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life.
- You will work closely with the Director of Production in the planning and practical delivery of clinical product supply for the organisation's products.
- Managing the Upstream Production team (up-to 5 direct reports) including, identification of resource requirements, ensuring all team members are trained and competent to execute their role, professional development of team members.
- Responsible for delivering practical training for junior team members in the Upstream Production team.
- Managing technology transfer of new Upstream processes into the facility. Writing, reviewing and approving documentation required for technology transfer and working as part of a matrix team for delivering the technology transfer on time.
- Managing the technical operations in the cleanroom for practical delivery of engineering, non-clinical and clinical batches of drug substance. Responsible for the planning and delegation of technical tasks to USP team members during batch manufacture.
- Hands-on execution of the manufacturing process within the cleanroom as required to support manufacture.
- Accountable for ensuring all BMRs, log-books, forms are completed by USP team members on a daily basis to the principles of ALCOA and any deviations are raised on-time according to SOP.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required cleaning, environmental monitoring, waste removal and waste inactivation is performed by USP team members on a daily basis according to SOPs.
- Writing, reviewing and approving documentation including SOPs, BMRs and risk assessments.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving production records prior to quality review.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological or engineering science.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in a GMP environment with at least 3 years' experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience executing upstream manufacturing processes.
- Experienced in generating and reviewing GMP documentation and safety risk assessments.
- A good working knowledge of EU GMP.
- A good working knowledge of cleanrooms, aseptic technique and hygiene requirements for GMP manufacture.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment and support weekend/shift operations as required.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
CHF65 - CHF70 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a BTD Project Manager on a contract basis, to join a world-wide pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland
CHF50 - CHF52 per hour
Hobson Prior are working with a biopharmaceutical company in Switzerland who focus on discovering, developing and bringing more, pioneering medicines to patients.
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation on a fixed-term contract in Stevenage.
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a gene therapy organisation who are determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
£0 - £0 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Biotechnologist - DSP to join a top clinical-stage biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
CHF80000 - CHF100000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Software Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation focused on providing better ventilation care to patients living with severe illnesses.
$140000 - $150000 per annum
Hobson Prior are in search for a Biomarker Scientist Lead to join a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical organisation who are dedicated to developing innovative immunotherapeutics
£45 - £50 per hour
Hobson Prior are looking for a Human Factors Project Manager for an exciting opportunity to join a leading biopharmaceutical company who purely concentrate
£95 - £100 per hour
Hobson Prior currently having an exciting opportunity for a Biologics Drug Substance/Drug Product Technology Transfer Engineer to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation
$85000 - $90000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a MS&T Scientist/Senior Scientist to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health all over the world through discovering