Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health all over the world through discovering, developing and commercializing pioneering vaccines to prevent serious diseases. This is a permanent position, located in Gaithersburg Maryland.
- Accountable to design experimental work independently or with minimal supervision.
- You will design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters.
- To perform hands on work in a cell culture lab, specifically cell culture expansion, vaccine production as well as process scale up and implementation into GMP clinical production suites.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner. Provide reports for assessment by senior management.
- Ability to process complex data and communicate clearly and timely the implications of the results.
- Perform and analyse Design of Experiment studies to develop or optimizing processes to ensure a phase-appropriate, consistent, high-yielding and scalable upstream process.
- Assist in scale up and optimization of early stage processes, support critical operations as needed in our GMP manufacturing facility and deliver materials for pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Provide reagents and other supplies for various projects and departments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues from Discovery, Process Development, Analytical Development, Manufacturing, and QA/QC teams.
- To support process characterization studies and tech transfer process. As needed, support process validation, including validation protocol writing, execution and report writing.
- This position is expected to be mainly hands on in the laboratory.
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyse and document data generated in support of regulatory requirements.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and willingness to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, research, development, manufacturing in a fast pace and dynamic team setting.
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite "can do" attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles.
- Requires PhD in relevant field or a minimum of 10 years relevant experience with a Master's degree.
- Previous experience with suspension cell culture systems, vaccine and/or viral vector production is desired.
- Solid and hands-on upstream experience is required. Multi-year industrial purification experience with vaccines/biologics is preferred; direct experience with virus-derived recombinant products and/or viral particles is a plus.
- A previous track record of culture process development experience such as cell passaging, formulation of media, aseptic technique processing, and managing reagents.
- Practical demonstration of hands on process development including use of statistical design of experiments is required.
- Experience with automation technologies is desired.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
$120000 - $130000 per annum
Hobson Prior are in search for a Senior Project Manager - Global Technical Operations for a key role in operationalizing the alliances and partnerships' projects
Hobson Prior are seeking a Principal Scientist to join a world-wide healthcare organisation whose products and services are used in the therapy and care of critically ill patients.
€55000 - €65000 per annum
Hobson Prior currently have an opportunity for a Scientist - Process Technology (Level 3) to join a biopharma organisation a permanent basis in Iceland.
€57000 - €70000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a biopharma organisation who are looking for a Senior Scientist - Process Technology to join them on a permanent basis in Iceland.
€60000 - €72000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a biopharma organisation who are looking for an Analytical Project Lead (QC) to join them on a permanent basis in Iceland.