Senior Medical Director -Clinical Development (Rare Neurology)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior is currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Director - Clinical Development (Rare Neurology) to join a global pharmaceutical organisation whose values is to change the lives of patients who have debilitating disease. The role will be based at one of their main R&D sites in Raleigh or Boston (USA), Monheim (Germany), or Slough (UK), or at their Headquarters in Brussels (Belgium).
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Responsible to provide medical/scientific expertise and strategic input into project teams designing and executing clinical development programs in multiple indications for the asset.
- Provide medical expertise into indication selection, assessment of current and future treatment strategies, unmet need, target patient population, development plans and regulatory submission documents and other documents with content of medical relevance.
- Working closely with all key team members of clinical and broader project teams to ensure all medical aspects of the Clinical Development Plans are consistently of high quality, innovative, reflecting state-of-the-art methods and designed in alignment with the ambitions for the asset.
- Partner closely with Medical Affairs colleagues to support medical education strategy and lifecycle strategy for the asset.
- Establish and maintain expert internal and external network in respective therapeutic area(s).
- Represent the organisation as a global medical/scientific spokesperson or key contributor with the internal and external community including regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Represent the organisation as medical/scientific expert at conferences, symposia, and meetings.
- Strong team player with ability to lead in matrix teams in global and diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Passionate to ensure medical and scientific excellence and creation of differentiated patient value through clinical development.
- Strategic thinking, with problem-solving ability, customer focus and a recognized commitment to quality.
- Medical qualification (MD).
- Board-certification in Neurology is preferred.
- At least 10+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with significant clinical development experience across development phases, including regulatory and HTA interactions, ideally in different therapeutic areas, including rare diseases and preferably in ALS.
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and related business compliance.
- Experience in leadership roles (matrix environment, managing people).
- Keen scientific interest and background and a strong publication record is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Hobson Prior are looking for a Medical Director/Associate Director to join a CRO on a permanent basis, where you will be required to work remotely