Scientific Director - In Vivo
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Scientific Director - In Vivo for an exciting opportunity to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in London with regular travel to Stevenage. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life. This position is expected to have an oversight of all research activities within the company, define and prioritise all in vivo research as well as being hands on when required.
- You will have direct oversight of the Translational teams including Junior/Senior Research Assistants, Scientists/ Senior Scientists and will have full accountability in the training and development of your staff as required.
- Accountable to establish, design, direct and implement in vivo experiments in line with current research and projects.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of disease models, management of studies and analysis of results through histology, molecular and biochemical profiling.
- Ensure studies meet international and UK standards of ethical and humane animal care and use in research.
- Have authority over the preclinical investigations that focus on the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic profile of novel vectors and determine the overall biologic effect with the aim to bring the products to clinical trial.
- Represent as the in-house in vivo expert, participating in wider company discussions and interact with other teams to drive the development of AAV based gene therapy products.
- Though your focus with be in vivo pharmacology you will also participate in in vitro testing.
- Innovative, driven and enthusiastic for your work is paramount to be successful in this position.
- Ability to supervise and lead research scientists as well as directing projects and spearheading research programs.
- You will have a PhD or DMV or Degree qualified.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a vivarium and leading in vivo research activities.
- A personal Home Office Licence (Modules 1-4, with Module 5 being desirable) and extensive experience working and leading in vivo research activities.
- A good understanding of integrated physiology, pathophysiology and in vivo practice and procedures.
- Wide-ranging experience in designing, directing and implementing in vivo experiments to respond to key research and pharmacodynamic questions.
- Expert in working with small animal models, with large animal model development being a benefit, pharma experience is desirable.
- Ability to perform and teach most common animal tasks: animal handling, routes of administration of test agents e.g. ip, iv, sc, blood collection, necropsy and preparation of tissue for histology, molecular or biochemical profiling, collection of data.
- Director level experience of managing teams of Researchers and Scientists.
- Experience of managing outsourced studies and external collaboration.
- Project Licence holder experience would be desirable.
- Experience with working with AAV or similar gene therapy is desirable.
- Veterinary pathology expertise is desirable.
- An understanding of Liver and Kidney disease models would be beneficial.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
$170000 - $220000 per annum
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a Director/Senior Director Process Sciences to join a biotech organisation, focusing on improving health all over the world through discovering and developing
£50000 - £52000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Tech Transfer Specialist to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis located in Braintree, Essex.