This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Research Assistant for an exciting opportunity to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Hitchin. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Accountable to carry out routine cell culture and perform transient transfections.
- Perform analytical techniques on vector preparations (QPCR, ELISA, protein gels etc).
- Aid the smooth and efficient running of the Vector Core.
- Perform AAV vector purification by a range of methods.
- To ensure validity and reliability of data at all times and maintain accurate records.
- From time-to-time support additional high-priority projects to meet deadlines.
- Assist with the effective running of the laboratory by undertaking the appropriate H&S training, maintain a high level of laboratory cleanliness and participate in any laboratory duties commensurate with the grade as required.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings, training and development sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize daily work with limited supervision
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have a minimum BSc-degree in a relevant biological discipline.
- Experience in protein analysis techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western, ELISA) and QPCR.
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Working knowledge of AAV (or other viral vectors) production and purification is admirable.
- Experience in FPLC protein purification is admirable.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.