This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Radiochemist to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation who combine service excellence and pioneering imaging technologies to improve patient care.
- Accountable to operate and maintain protocols for the manufacture of F-18 and Tc-99m for the organisation's Medical Radiopharmacy chemistry laboratory including the synthesis of standard F-18 PET and Tc-99m SPECT tracers in strict adherence to GMP and relevant EU pharmacopoeia standards.
- Operate routine protocols for customer orders and distribution of 18FDG, other PET tracers and Tc-99m to sites.
- Ensure efficient performance of, and undertake first-line maintenance of, the Synthesisers, Dispensing Equipment, Hot Cells, including dose calibration, within the context of strict application of environmental and 'clean room' protocols.
- Maintain records of faults on any dysfunction - operational, equipment or environment integrity. Interpret and rectify operational faults where possible and indicate where the engineer or contractor should be called.
- Develop, implement and manage cGMP, and Quality Assurance systems and procedures for all aspects of radiopharmaceutical production of standard PET and SPECT tracers.
- On a rota basis, act as radiochemist for radio-synthesis of PET and/or SPECT tracers in accordance with a pre-determined daily timetable.
- Ordering of stock, preparation of chemicals required for routine radiochemistry production, etc. and the safe disposal of waste chemicals and materials.
- Prepare updated SOPs in accordance with the relevant guidelines as may be necessary from time to time for approval by the QP and adoption by the unit.
- To provide training and support for others selected as rota/backup in production of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Assume responsibility for the safe and efficient handling of all radioactive substances (solid, gas, liquid) received from the Centre's cyclotron including their synthesis, transmission, dispensing, storage, containerisation, packing, despatch, transport, decay control, and release.
- Any other assigned duties.
- 2-5 years' experience within Radiochemistry/Radiopharmacy .
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€80000 - €85000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a talented NPI Manager to join a top pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis in Dublin.