This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Microfluidic Engineer to contribute to the design of a microfluidics-based bioprocessing platform through design and development of microfluidic chips. This position will allow you to join an award-winning start-up organisation focused on a break-through bioprocessing platform for the CGT market.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Responsible to design microfluidic chips using CAD software and problem-solve with the team on system.
- To analyse and present data to internal team, as well as external audiences such as scientific conferences and publications.
- Perform microfabrication on COC-based (Cyclic olefin copolymer) microfluidic chips using Computer Numerical Controlled micro-milling, stamping and thermal/chemical bonding and occasionally soft lithography using PDMS-based chips for flow parameter optimisation.
- Design and carry out computational/numerical modelling of fluid behaviour inside the microfluidic chips (e.g. Comsol).
- Perform hydrodynamic flow experiments on fabricated microfluidic chips to understand fluid behaviour necessary.
- You will actively partake in supplier selection of components.
- You will have at least a BSc in Engineering (Masters/PhD is a plus) in Fluid Mechanics/Hydrodynamics (or related fields) with specialised experience in Microfluidics (fluid dynamics in a small scale).
- Previous experience with CNC micro-milling with cyclic olefin copolymers (COC) and PMMA (acrylics)
- Capable of using CAD softwares for designing devices
- Must have experience with computer simulations and knows how to use Comsol software.
- Experience in performing laboratory experiments.
- Experience in soft lithography and handling of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is desirable.
- Experience with 3D printing is desirable.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
$100000 - $115000 per annum
Hobson Prior currently has an exciting new opportunity within a very patient focused pharmaceutical company based in the US.
$10000 - $120000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a Senior Lab Automation Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation who will manage and implement the automation within the CGMP.
$62000 - $72000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking an Equipment Validation Specialist to join a world-wide biotech organisation on a permanent basis in US.
$104000 - $114000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a Senior Validation Engineer to join a global organisation who values on providing healthcare specialists and their patients with highly rated medications.