Medical Information & Medical Excellence Manager
Hobson Prior are looking for a Medical Information & Medical Excellence Manager to maintain a high-level overview of all medical activities across the UK & Ireland organisation across all main franchises. This exciting opportunity will join a leading biopharma organisation who have a wide portfolio of innovative prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines, and animal health products.
- Ensure a high quality and customer focused medical information service with added value to the franchises.
- Maintain a high performing Medical Information team with strong integration in the therapeutic areas.
- Drive the use of new innovative MI digital platforms across the UK & Ireland Business.
- Deliver input into Global and local Medical Information projects and support the introduction and implementation of global Med Info processes and initiatives locally in UK&IE.
- Ensure 98% KPI delivery of team for identifying and reporting adverse events and product quality complaints promptly and appropriately.
Metrics & Activity Reporting:
- Steer performance and communication on the value of medical affairs activities with local cross-functional teams and RMA & partner functions by timely collection, reporting and aligned interpretation of performance metrics and key activities of the extended Medical department. (EMEA quarterly scorecards, monthly reports...).
- Ensure collection of key performance metrics of UK/Ireland based MSLs through consistent use of CRM system. Align interpretation and use of the metrics between commercial, medical and regional to ensure that appropriate (and compliant) activities within the UK/Ireland meet business objectives and expectations.
- Support to RMA for the development and local implementation of new tools & systems (CRM, Copy approval, Dashboards, financial reporting).
Capabilities & Training:
- Drive development of Medical Affairs Capabilities.
- Ensure functional excellence across the Medical Affairs teams by proposing proven medical methodology, coordinating medical processes and reporting key capability metrics in collaboration with Regional/Global Medical Excellence (RMA/GMA) teams.
- Drive coaching to improve customer interaction skills of all customer facing individuals within the Medical Department in collaboration with the MSL managers.
- Drive or support development of training matrices and oversee training requirements in relation to each medical function, medical processes, compliance policies and other relevant SOPs, (e.g., onboarding training, cont. development training).
Code & Process compliance:
- Bring consistency of interpretation of various codes of practice (ABPI/ IPHA/ABHI) across the business franchises by (i) acting as medical or non-medical final nominated signatory and as advisor to code related matters, (ii) assisting Code related discussion forums, (iii) liaising closely with the Promotional Materials & Regulatory excellence Manager to implement consistent use of the copy approval system.
- Working closely with compliance ensure transparency and consistent approach to external customer engagement, grants, sponsorship, FMV, MEGS and PSPs in alignment to Code and business needs.
Strategic Medical Planning excellence:
- Provide constructive feedback on the therapy area franchises' medical pans to ensure alignment to overall strategy and further enable to medical plan holder to successfully implement agreed activities.
- Ensure coordination of local/regional brand planning process in combination with commercial colleagues.
Any other assigned duties.
- Strong time management & communication skills.
- Ability to implement new/ change effectively existing processes.
- Ability to accurately interpret data and express findings in a logical, clear and concise manner.
- University degree in pharmacy or life science.
- Experience and knowledge of medical affairs functions.
- Proven senior level of skill.
- Competence and accountability in previous Medical Information roles within the Pharmaceutical Industry or NHS.
- Proven experience of ABPI Code of Practice.
- Good understanding of commercial, medical and regulatory needs within the Pharmaceutical Business.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Hobson Prior are looking for a Patient Experience Lead role in a pharmaceutical organisation. This position is on a permanent based in different locations across Europe.
£45000 - £50000 per annum
A fantastic vacancy has become available for a Medical Writer to join a leading consultancy who deliver clinical excellence from design to delivery.