Industrial IT and Automation Specialist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for an Industrial IT and Automation Specialist to join a biopharmaceutical company on a contract basis located in Bern. Our Client is focused on the discovery, development, and delivery of innovative medicines that will help patients overcome serious diseases and improve their quality of life.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- For this role, you will Provide technical support to manufacturing operations.
- Maintain compliance by collaborating with various partners and stakeholders, including automation, IT, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
- Implement corrective actions as defined by Deviation Management and Change Control Process, including automating code changes, reviewing design documents and re-approving them, and updating SOPs.
- Maintain proper documentation for automation systems and develop procedures for them.
- Provide commissioning and qualification services (SAT, IQ, OQ) for automation projects.
- Assist in all aspects of automation development projects (URS, FS, DS, SDS, FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, and system support).
- Manage suppliers independently and supervise their activities.
- Maintain a strong culture of business integrity and ethics.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to present, facilitate, negotiate, collaborate, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively at any level of the hierarchy in a multicultural environment.
- The ability to coach and supervise collaborators.
- Fluency in English and French is a strong plus [BT1]
- It is an advantage to have Swiss Electrical Certification.
- An engineering education with a focus on automation, biology, or chemical processing is preferred.
- Computerized systems (automation, IT) experience in pharmaceutical or biotech environments at least five years.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of automation systems.
- Manufacturing systems experience with serialization software and building management systems, room monitoring systems, and manufacturing execution systems (MES, etc.).
- Experience with Pharma/Biotech processes, utilities, and HVACs.
- An understanding of topics related to Industry 4.0.
- A good understanding of the IEC 61131, ISA-88 and ISA-95 standards.
- A good understanding of SCADA software (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, iFix, etc.), Experience with other platforms is an advantage.
- Experience with computer networking and fieldbuses.
- Automation software and associated hardware design, configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
- Understanding of electrical and P&ID standards.
- Familiar with GMAO software and IT Ticketing systems (ServiceNow).
- Awareness of business and enterprise architecture.
- Ability to troubleshoot and restore critical system functions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and provide sound technical recommendations for continuous improvement and non-conformance remediation.
- Good knowledge GxP/GAMP/Data Integrity practices/ASTM E2500
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€50000 - €55000 per annum
Galway, Republic of Ireland
Hobson Prior are currently seeking for a Validation Engineer to join a fantastic pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis located in Galway.
€300 - €340 per day
Welwyn Garden City, England
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Field Maintenance Contractor to join a fantastic pharmaceutical organisation on a contract basis.
£70000 - £90000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Validation Engineer to join a biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis located in Shannon.
€40 - €50 per hour
Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Deutschland
Hobson Prior are looking for a Process Expert | Project Controller to join a brilliant biotech organisation on a contract part-time basis located in Pfaffenhofen.
€35000 - €45000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently seeking for a Senior Instrument Support Scientist to join a small organisation on a permanent basis located in Cambridge.