Indirect Category Manager
Hobson Prior are looking for an Indirect Category Manager to join a top pharmaceutical organisation who are involved in the manufacture of human blood plasma products. This is a permanent position located in Hertfordshire.
- Define and deliver a category strategy for the provision of Indirect goods and services expenditure through category management, competitive tendering and contract management.
- Uphold a healthy pipeline of sourcing activity/projects with realisable objectives and achieve them in the agreed time lines. Deliver cost reduction targets.
- Provide commercial recommendations, negotiate appropriate contracts and support deliverables.
- Manage a complex stakeholder environment across multiple individuals and organisations over long periods of time.
- Build and maintain strong, positive and trusting relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Build healthy Supplier Relationship Management plans with key suppliers delivering tangible benefits to BPL on a TCO model.
- Continually track the supply market - keeping abreast of developments, trends, risks and opportunities.
- Manage the processes of in-contract performance measurement and management and delivering on agreed SLA's & KPI's.
- Ensure that correct contract documentation is in place and risks to BPL are mitigated.
- Timely renewal of contracts preventing BPL being out of contract with suppliers.
- Create well-structured documents and presentations without guidance. Take sole responsibility for the development and refinement of core sourcing documentation.
- Interactively tailor the depth of communicated information for specific audiences and situations.
- Develop spend analysis process, overcome obstacles, solicit input from, and support of, senior stakeholders and suppliers where necessary. Prepare (or provide guidance on how to prepare) a comprehensive category profile.
- Use sampling / statistical techniques and deploy them effectively.
- Recognise creative and alternative means of structuring an approach to data analysis when required.
- Demonstrate a track record in leading complex or challenging negotiations.
- Manage team members in the timely delivery of Category Management and Procurement Projects.
- Structure and manage the work, delegate effectively, redirect team members as focus shifts.
- Ability to work on their own without supervision.
- Graduate level of education or equivalent or relevant experience.
- CIPS qualified.
- Project management experience.
- Proven procurement professional.
- 5 years' experience in a procurement role.
- Proven category management experience.
- Demonstratable experience of service contracts including SLA's an KPI's.
- Experience in performance management and dispute resolution.
- Manipulation of data to improve business process and delivery of role.
- Proven track record of stakeholder management.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£300 - £350 per day
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a CTMA II for a research-based biopharmaceutical company. Our client is very patient-focused
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for CRA - SCRA III to join a top information services who are determined to advance healthcare and human health.
€30000 - €40000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a CRA II to join a Global CRO at their offices in Paris on a permanent basis.
€115000 - €120000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Clinical Trials for an exciting international career in a multicultural environment at a rare diseases organisation
£400 - £420 per day
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Clinical Trials Manager (Virology) for a research-based biopharmaceutical company.
€30000 - €40000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Clinical Research Associate II to join a Global CRO at their offices in Paris on a permanent basis.
€40000 - €50000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Clinical Research Associate to join a Global CRO at their offices in Paris on a permanent basis.