Head of Operations (GMP)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Operations (GMP) to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation based in Stevenage. Our client focuses on advancing the growth of cell and gene therapy research across the UK, helping to promote the use of these therapies throughout the health services all over the world.
- To lead the lifecycle management of Collaborator on-boarding, routine manufacturing and off-boarding activities and ensure that the relationship between the Collaborator organisation and the company is professionally managed and is mutually beneficial and ensuring that expectations are achieved in terms of budget, quality and timelines and minimal impact on other Collaborators and/or stakeholders.
- To lead the operational/quality pre-screening, and pre-contract process for potential collaborators moving into the organisation's manufacturing centre.
- Support the Business Development team through supporting potential Collaborator visits/meetings, preparing costings and assisting with negotiations and writing contracts.
- Responsible for GMP Processes executed within the manufacturing centre shared production areas.
- Ensure the supply chain and inventory management areas operates to a high standard and complies with GMP and other regulatory standards.
- Lead the Operations teams in all aspects of Collaborator support and GMP operations.
- Accountable for all the organisation's supply chain and logistic service providers ensuring all are measured and are delivering according to agreed service levels.
- Develop and manage scheduling processes and systems across the manufacturing centre in support of Collaborator manufacturing schedules.
- Support the Manufacturing Centre Director in developing the facility systems processes as well as the external supply chain environment as the industry accelerates at scale.
- Act as the first point of contact between the Collaborator and the organisation in the event of a Collaborator or issue that may affect other Collaborators/partners within the facility; escalate and manage the event accordingly.
- Manage & lead the Warehouse & Supply Chain, GMP operations and Collaborator project management teams including recruitment and selection, motivation, training & development, appraisals and managing performance.
- Manage quality records effectively, adhering to internal standards for investigation management and closure.
- Manage the organisation's Operational and supply chain/warehouse budgets and escalate discrepancies/issues to line management.
- Develop and manage a programme of continuous improvement across the organisation's manufacturing centre GMP Operations area.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Ablility evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them in a professional manner.
- Flexibility towards work assignments and new learning.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure, able to prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively.
- Organised and accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
- A good team player with a hands-on approach.
- Willingness to travel, must be flexible to travel between locations as required.
- Proven experience of working within a GMP environment preferably in cell and gene therapy and or biopharmaceuticals.
- Minimum 5 years' proven experience of Business Development and relationship management within the cell and gene therapy, biologics/ biopharmaceuticals, or a related industry.
- Scientific background in cell and gene therapies and or biopharmaceuticals.
- Proven experience of personnel leadership across multiple disciplines and of motivating and developing teams.
- Degree in a relevant pharmaceutical / biological discipline.
- Having current and up to date professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€70 - €90 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a Trading Entity Compliance Associate to join a patient focused pharmaceutical organisation on a contract basis in Dublin.
€70 - €120 per hour
A new opportunity has arisen for a Product Quality Lead - Biologics and Gene therapy to join a specialty biopharmaceutical company in Dublin on a 6-month contract basis.
£28000 - £28500 per annum
An opportunity has arisen at a top pharmaceutical organisation for a QA Associate to join them on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
£80000 - £90000 per annum
Hobson prior are seeking a QA Director to join a pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and affordable treatments for diseases