Head of Manufacturing
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Manufacturing to join top pharmaceutical organisation in Braintree. This position will be responsible for the Manufacturing activity at the Centre and will also play a key part in securing clients and collaborators to work with and within the facility.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Direct report to the Programme Director Officer and member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Provide daily governance and leadership for the manufacturing staff.
- Be accountable for client interactions and business delivery including manufacturing budget ownership.
- To develop and lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on all site manufacturing operations and production outputs.
- Develop and enact a supply chain cluster strategy around the centre.
- Ensure regulatory agency and client inspections are facilitated by working with the Quality Director.
- Communicate with the Head of MS&T on Technology Transfer activity to integrate manufacturing processes into the facility.
- Ensure the purchase and validation of the manufacturing systems and equipment meets operational requirements and is fit for purpose for a multi-purpose, multi-client facility.
- Work closely with the Programme Director and Head of Engineering to ensure facility modifications including the design, build and validation of the center to deliver an on time, on budget project.
- Work with Quality Director to facilitate timely approvals by the MHRA and other Competent Authorities.
- Work closely with the Programme Director and the Manufacturing Centre senior leadership team to deliver its commercial success and sustainability through business support, project ownership and strategic planning.
- Highly motivated, dynamic individual with ambition to create a world-leading manufacturing cluster.
- Project ownership and pride in its delivery.
- Having a passion for delivering excellent customer service in a cost-effective way.
- Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them in a professional manner.
- Educated to Degree level in a life sciences discipline.
- At least 10+ years' experience of working in a senior GMP role in biologics and preferably cellular and/or gene therapies.
- Experience of building and running a GMP operations team in a Phase III / commercial biologicals, vaccines, cell or gene therapies manufacturing facility is essential.
- Experience in working with commercial clients and collaborators is essential.
- Knowledge of EU / MHRA, HTA, HFEA and FDA regulatory requirements needed.
- Track record of successful personnel leadership and inspiration.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
CHF90 - CHF95 per hour
Hobson Prior are looking for a User Technology Engineer to join a world-wide pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland where you will join them on a contract basis.
£48000 - £60000 per annum
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Senior Capital Project Engineer to join a top pharmaceutical organisation who are involved in the manufacturing of human blood plasma
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager for an excellent opportunity to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation who are committed to providing life-changing
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for an IT Systems Project Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation who are committed to providing life-changing therapies