Head of Group Bioassay
Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Group Bioassay to be responsible to identify and foster purposeful partnerships with key scientific influencers to drive new sources of patient value. You will join a world-wide biopharmaceutical organisation based in Belgium.
- You will ensure proper management of internals (11 scientists) and contractors.
- You will work hand in hand with the Quality Division to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and SOPs and with Biosafety/HSE to ensure application of all necessary security regulations.
- Co-operate with Research and QC's or external partners to ensure analytical knowledge transfer.
- Provide analytical support to any product and process development to ensure the success of business-critical projects.
- Contributing to the systems management of environment and maintain ISO 140001 certification.
- Influencing and networking beyond own team including externally (e.g. regulator through industry consortiums).
- Representing external working groups and in international conferences, as appropriate.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have good managerial, organization, leadership and analytical skills, ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to direct the activities of analytical technicians to solve problems pertaining to development activities.
- Ph.D. in Molecular/cell Biology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant analytical development experience in a pharmaceutical company.
- Experience in relevant bioassay analytical techniques related to Biological molecules characterization.
- Must have experience in a GMP regulated laboratory.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific principles relevant to bioassay analysis on NBEs such as cell-based and biochemical binding assays.
- Experience with preparation of development reports and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with statistical approaches for assay development/validation and data analysis for biological assays (i.e. USP1032/1033/1034; EP5.3).
- Familiarity with lab instrument automation is a plus.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for an Assay Development Scientist to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Hertfordshire.
€70000 - €80000 per annum
Leiden, South Holland
Hobson Prior currently have an opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a top Biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Leiden.
£55000 - £60000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Principal Production Scientist to join a biopharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis in London.