Head of Biology
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Head of Biology to join a brilliant pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis located in Stevenage. Our client is focused on clinical stages for neurological illnesses.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- For this position, you will monitor the newly established electrophysiology group.
- Partake in the success of both the present and the new drug discovery programmes.
- Think tactically and have technology acumens to assist in shaping e breadth of abilities which involves ground-breaking facilities for both ion channel research and drug discovery in the business.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Previous training in electrophysiologists.
- Comprehension of ion channels, neuroscience and the principles of electrophysiology and pharmacology.
- Pertinent practical experience which involves techniques, for example: whole cell patch clamp, lysopatch and compound mechanism of action studies performed in recombinant and native cell systems.
- Familiarity with lysosomal biology, automated patch clamp platforms and/or high-throughput screening (HTS) approaches using additional technologies.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.