Drug Product Development Team Leader
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior currently have an opportunity for a Drug Product Development Team Leader to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis in the Northwest. This position will be accountable to lead the Drug Product Development team as part of the Formulation and Drug Product Development Department.
- Develop a successful drug product process development strategy to ensure delivery of robust drug product manufacturing processes in line with project requirements.
- Lead, develop and manage team in terms of delivery, goal setting, and performance management ensuring develop.
- Anticipate critical skill and capability needs for the drug product development team and provides inputs to functional plans.
- Manages priorities around projects within own scope.
- Lead the team to ensure timely delivery of phase dependent process development, scale-up, tech transfer, GMP manufacture for pipeline projects.
- Proactively promote engagement and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for delivery as per budget and plan.
- Management of internal and external manufacturing partners to plan and execute manufacturing campaigns to deliver in line with project requirements.
- Interface with the wider Formulation and Biologics Development CMC groups (incl Analytical & Bioprocess development) to support development of novel biologics.
- Provide technical input for Biologics Development CMC projects, supporting Project Management and Global Project Teams to provide effective partnerships with: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Clinical, Regulatory, Commercial and Business Development as part of an integrated Biologics development team.
- You will establish a science-based approach to product-process understanding and development through a co-ordinated biologics roadmap; maintaining up-to-date knowledge on drug product process techniques, issues and development strategies.
- Recognise & implement state of the art technologies to allow for on/at-line measurements of process parameters to accelerate development of suitable DP processes.
- Lead and drive CAPEX projects associated with improvement or introduction of new facilities and equipment to support drug product development strategy.
- Actively review and improve working SOPs and documents within the Formulation and drug product Development Department as part of a continual improvement strategy.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Ability to provide effective and regular reporting and presentation of drug product development strategies and results, across CMC teams, project governance and senior stakeholders.
- Skilled communicator able to lead discussions, managing diverse & multi-cultural technical teams, with good knowledge of the biopharmaceutical development industry.
- Degree level in a relevant discipline with extensive industrial experience of drug product process development and manufacturing.
- Experience in leading/mentoring development teams.
- Strong knowledge of CMC Drug Product Process development and GMP manufacturing.
- Works on very complex scientific / technical problems with internal teams and develops outcomes.
- Works on complex scientific / technical drug product development related problems based on a strong knowledge of drug product development.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.