Data Analyst and Algorithm Developer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Data Analyst and Algorithm Developer to join a global leading diagnostics company. Our client is a fast-growing company focusing in developing and marketing software-based test systems.
- Design, development, implementation and improvement of algorithms to analyze NMR spectra and to assess the quality of the analysis.
- You will focus on combining well known, simple methods in a smart way and restricting degrees-of-freedom to a minimum.
- Data analysis support for various departments.
- Conception and coordination of experiments.
- Development of in-house data analysis tools in R and C#.
- Diligent documentation and presentation of analysis results (R, knitr).
- You will participate in preparing results within the scope of talks or publications.
- Being well organised, able to effectively prioritise workload and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, sometimes under high pressure situations.
- Outstanding and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capability to complete tasks precisely with high attention to detail, when under time constraints.
- Master's degree in physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science or other related field, preferably with a Ph.D.
- Theoretical and practical expertise in data processing and analysis, mathematical optimization and algorithm development. Proven ability to design and develop complex algorithms are a plus.
- Experience in one of the following areas: signal processing, curve fitting, Fourier and/or wavelet transformation, analysis of NMR spectra.
- Proficiency using LaTeX, R and C# (or C/Fortran).
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team and work independently.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.