Biosample Operations Specialist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Biosample Operations Specialist to join a global healthcare organisation who are focused on offering medical solutions in order to transform patients' lives. This is a contract position based in Hertfordshire.
- Provide operational expertise to ensure the successful implementation of the biosample strategy for a given molecule or clinical programme.
- Ensure the appropriate level of sample quality, defining corrective actions if necessary, and acting as a point of escalation for issues at the study and project levels.
- Implement the biosample sourcing strategy within given projects through partnership with the BTAL and other key stakeholders involved in project and study delivery.
- Leads cross-functional operations team meetings as required to ensure optimal delivery of project biosampling objectives.
- Accountable for project level oversight (from feasibility to study close) of laboratories/vendors and associated costs involved in biosampling activities and analyses. Provides input to the laboratory selection process to ensure appropriate vendor selection where applicable
- You will actively promote knowledge sharing within Clinical Operations and across studies within a project by partnering with stakeholders.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely forecasting and management of individual project and study variable costs related to bio-sampling, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Provide regular project/study level biosample status updates to key stakeholders as required.
- Represent as a subject matter expert within the Clinical Operations for specific business-related topics or processes.
- Contribute to, and occasionally lead, functional process and system improvements to ensure operational excellence.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work across a global matrix team and stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners.
- Life sciences degree or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience implementing clinical trials - required.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing biosample operational activities on a range of logistically complex multi-centre clinical studies, - preferred.
- Knowledge of ICH GCP.
- Clinical or biological laboratory experience with evidence of involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory environment related to human specimen collection, analysis and retention.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£45 - £55 per hour
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior CRA to be home-based on a contract basis, who will join an exciting start up biotech company who are entering their first-in-human trial in the UK.
£550 - £600 per day
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for an Evidence Delivery Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisation who focus on delivering
€85000 - €90000 per annum
Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
Hobson Prior currently have an opportunity working with a biopharmaceutical organisation who are committed to improving the lives of patients battling serious lung diseases.
£54000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Clinical Project Manager for an exciting opportunity to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage.
CHF100000 - CHF120000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Clinical Trial Manager to join a biopharmaceutical research organisation who specialize in oncology product development
€65000 - €70000 per annum
Amsterdam, North Holland
Hobson Prior are currently working with a global CRO who are recruiting for a Clinical Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis in the Netherlands.
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Paid train season ticket
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Clinical Operations Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation in London
$250000 - $300000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Senior Medical Director to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in the US.