This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Bioinformatician to join a Medical Research Institute who are dedicated to developing methods for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of prevalent diseases including Cancers, Neurological Diseases, Heart Disease and Infectious Diseases. You will join them on a permanent basis in London.
- You will be supporting a highly-important project, funded by a global Pharmaceutical company, to assess the impacts of a new Cancer Immunotherapy treatment.
- You will contribute to and lead, when required, the design and operations of the bioinformatics NGS pipeline for the Cancer Immunotherapies programmes.
- You will identify targets within complex datasets which can be used for subsequent in-vitro and in-vivo analyses to understand the compound's translational impact.
- You will also develop and implement new softwares, statistical methods and data visualisation tools to maximise the efficiency of storing, processing, analysing and sharing of large datasets.
- PhD (pref) or MSc in Bioinformatics, Cancer Genomics or a Cancer-related Biology Degree.
- Experience working within the Pharmaceutical industry or at a Cancer Research Institute.
- Suitable for a creative individual with a strong interest in cancer genomics, cancer evolution, software development, database analysis and testing.
- Experience with NGS data analyses.
- Experience programming in R, Python, Java or SQL.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.