Associate Sourcing Manager
Hobson Prior are currently working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation who focus on preventing, diagnosing and managing diseases. Our client is looking for a Associate Sourcing Manager who will join them on a contract basis in Hertfordshire. This position will be accountable for supporting the execution of operational Procurement activities for low to medium value reactive or Business-led sourcing requests within a specific region, country or large site.
- Complete operational sourcing activities - Execute operational sourcing requests within Region or large site ensuring a focus on efficiency and the quality of customer service.
- Accountable for maintaining strong information flows back to the global Category teams.
- Co-operate on a day-to-day basis with the requisition to pay Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Ensure that Procurement operational targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required and escalate issues as they arise.
- Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based or regional Procurement as required (e.g. for sites with no dedicated Procurement support).
- Support CSR initiatives related to (candidate) suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the sites supported.
- A minimum of 2+ years operational procurement experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
CHF130000 - CHF150000 per annum
Hobson Prior are working with a world-wide healthcare organisation whose products and services are used to help care for patients who are critically ill.
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior is currently working with a gene therapy organisation who are looking for a Clinical Programme Manager to join them on a permanent basis in London.
£55000 - £60000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for an Indirect Category Manager to join a top pharmaceutical organisation who are involved in the manufacture of human blood plasma products.
€30000 - €40000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a CRA II to join a Global CRO at their offices in Paris on a permanent basis.
CHF110 - CHF120 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Clinical Research Study Leader to join a Swiss global healthcare organisation
€115000 - €120000 per annum
Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Clinical Trials for an exciting international career in a multicultural environment at a rare diseases organisation
£400 - £420 per day
Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Clinical Trials Manager (Virology) for a research-based biopharmaceutical company.
€40000 - €50000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Clinical Research Associate to join a Global CRO at their offices in Paris on a permanent basis.
£340 - £370 per day
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a Study Start Up Specialist to join a multinational healthcare company in Hertfordshire.
£450 - £500 per day
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Hobson Prior are currently working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation who focus on preventing, diagnosing and managing diseases who are seeking a Clinical Research Study Manager.