Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Scientist to join a Swiss global healthcare organisation who are focused on offering medical solutions in order to transform patients' lives. This role will support the design and implementation of assays involving flow cytometry-based detection of cellular biomarkers in different biological samples (blood and cerebrospinal fluid).
- You will plan, develop, perform and monitor complex flow cytometry experiments internally and at contracted laboratories and academic partners, applying high scientific standards within the context of multicenter clinical studies.
- Accountability for designing and establishing experimental protocols, processing raw data, creating or reviewing reports to support the clinical biomarker team.
- You will provide training to external partners for implementation of flow cytometry assays. Assist (locally or remotely) our external partners with instrument and method troubleshooting.
- Presentation of results within the department, to collaborators. Strong time management skills to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a matrix environment.
- Drive for results (demonstrates interest and ability to learn new things, takes initiative, welcomes problems as challenges, finds solutions to technical problems, persists in the face of adversity).
- Proactively identify opportunities to pioneer innovative and flexible solutions within day-to-day activities in support of the clinical biomarker strategy.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience with flow cytometry, with a thorough knowledge and experience working with different flow cytometry platforms (Becton Dickinson and Beckman Coulter), analysing and interpreting flow cytometry data (FlowJo, FACSDiva, Spotfire).
- Extensive knowledge of immunology.
- Min Bachelor in Life Science related.
- Ability to independently design multicolour flow cytometry panels (minimum 8 colour).
- Previous demonstrated experience in integrating biomarkers into clinical trials is beneficial and basic knowledge of applicable clinical research monitoring is a plus.
- Expertise in biomarker method validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice.
- Effective communication, good trouble-shooting and scientific writing skills are essential.
- Able to plan, develop and evaluate assays.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£1000 - £1500 per day
Hobson Prior are looking for a Medical Director to join a world-wide biopharmaceutical organisation who are focused on improving the health of patients all over the world
CHF85 - CHF90 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently working with a world-wide biopharma organisation focused on improving the lives of patients globally through pioneering medicines.
£1000 - £1500 per day
Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Director / Director Physician to join a top biopharmaceutical organisation who offer pioneering medicines to patients all over the world.
CHF80 - CHF90 per hour
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Scientist to join a Swiss global healthcare organisation
CHF48 - CHF62 per hour
Hobson Prior are looking for a Digital Biomarker Study Associate to join a Research and Early Development Informatics team within a Swiss global healthcare organisation