Assistant Laboratory Medical Director
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Laboratory Medical Director to join a top organisation who delivers products all over the world. This role is based in Manchester and will be on a permanent basis.
- To be accountable for overseeing the operations of the laboratory, including technical and scientific operation of the laboratory, testing accuracy and methodology, laboratory conditions, and personnel.
- To provide daily onsite supervision of testing personnel, providing guidance, direction and reporting of test results in accredited, high performance laboratory, reporting to Laboratory Director.
- To work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff.
- You will be providing supervision of test performance by qualified lab personnel.
- You will be ensuring operational compliance with the clinical laboratory's Quality Management Systems Program and delivery of routine QMS associated metrics, as well as maintenance and supervisory of the proficiency testing program.
- To monitor key financial, quality, and efficiency indicators and recognizes opportunities for improvement.
- To be accountable for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures in the absence of the Lab Director.
- PhD in biomedical sciences subject or fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
- Experience as a senior manager of laboratory facilities, operating at CL2 or above.
- Experience directing or supervising high performance microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory.
- Recognized management qualifications and /or attendance at courses on relevant management issues.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£250 - £300 per day
Hobson Prior are currently working with a world-wide healthcare leader who are looking for a Final Signatory to join them remotely on a contract basis.