Hobson Prior are looking for a Test Engineer to join medical device company who deliver pioneering medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience. You will join them on a contract basis located in Leeds.
- Interpret biomechanical scenarios into complex tribological test procedures via undertaking complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing.
- Create technical reports and contribute to peer reviewed publications.
- Undertake complex in vitro simulation testing on laboratory equipment, having a hands-on approach.
- Produce test procedures in line with company/international procedures/specific country requirements data required for the design verification section of the product development files (Device history Files - DHF).
- Work with minimal supervision via participation in development projects, potentially being a key contributor on projects with a strong test/research bias (internal and external).
- Develop and design company related systems and procedures including interdepartmental procedures, for example, create and implement Engineering Change Instructions/ materials specifications, SOPs/ SMTs.
- Co-operate routinely with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics and vendors. Work within the companies Health, Safety and Environment policy.
- Undertake relatively complex technical and departmental projects including the introduction of new test equipment to the company requirements of validation/Management of Change. Control capital budgets for new equipment where appropriate.
- Partake in cross functional projects and understand and the requirement of working in world-wide projects with different cultural backgrounds.
- Foster, develop and co-ordinate external links, relationships, partnerships and strategic alliances with academic institutes, technical specialists and associated industry.
- Exhibit a good business acumen.
- Team working skills and flexibility are essential.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Superior time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Proactive, demonstrating a high level of initiative.
- Confident and effective communicator at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
- Mechanical/materials/forensic or bioengineering engineering background.
- Holds a minimum HND/Degree plus 3 years’ experience in research or a test environment either academic or industrial.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the medical industry would be preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the product development process for medical devices.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.