Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Protein Scientist to join a multinational biopharmaceutical company who purely focus on neurology and immunology. As a part of the PS&B department you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that supports projects from early stage target validation through to late stage pre-clinical evaluation.
- Take a lead role in the planning, design and delivery of recombinant proteins.
- Manage the expression and purification of target proteins for structural studies, antibody generation, in vivo and in vitro assays and biophysical characterisation.
- Accountable to understand the structure of target proteins and applying that knowledge to help progress projects.
- Generation of high-quality protein reagents in a timely manner.
- Uphold high standards of work within the group continuously assessing processes and technologies to achieve or exceed targets.
- Accountable for protein production within projects acting as first point of contact for communications with project teams ensuring protein production demands are met within agreed timelines.
- Present experimental results at team and project meetings.
- Apply knowledge of protein production to anticipate, avoid and solve problems both independently and as part of the team.
- Assist the training and supervising junior members of the team particularly focusing on protein purification.
- Keep up-to-date of and implement technology developments within area of protein purification.
- Capable to work on several projects and conduct experiments in parallel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- A team player, with good organisational, communication, record keeping and inter-personal skills.
- Extensive experience (PhD holder or graduate with 4-5 years) in protein biochemistry, focusing on recombinant protein production, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Molecular Biology (DNA manipulation techniques and comprehensive knowledge and experience with software used in manipulating protein and DNA sequences (VNTI) and molecular visualisation of proteins (PyMOL or similar).
- Self-sufficient in protein purification techniques and extensive experience working with AKTA purification platforms and associated software.
- Proficient in E.coli, insect and mammalian cell expression systems.
- Fully capable with protein characterisation techniques.
- Strong biochemistry knowledge with hands on experience of protein labelling and characterisation.
- Good understanding of recombinant protein expression systems and the molecular biology involved in generating expression constructs.
- Track record of recombinant protein production covering multiple protein classes including enzymes, structural proteins, cell signalling factors, cell surface receptors and their ligands produced as intracellular and secreted proteins.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.