12 month initial contract, full time, with option to extend
A PhD scientist or exceptional graduate with at least one-year of practical laboratory experience ideally in a pharmaceutical setting.
Following a recent expansion in our antibody discovery capabilities we are now looking for candidates with the relevant skills to join our team and contribute to the discovery of high quality therapeutic candidates on these exciting collaborative programs.
Responsibilities and opportunities:
• You will receive the right training to enable you to discover monoclonal antibodies on a variety of exciting collaborative therapeutic projects.
• You will use your exceptional practical skills, excellent communication and team working abilities to drive innovative antibody projects forward from the laboratory.
• You will demonstrate strong scientific leadership in the design and execution of value-adding research.
• You will be responsible for clearly presenting work and engaging in discussion in a variety of cross-functional and external collaborator meetings.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
• A PhD scientist or exceptional graduate with at least one-year of practical laboratory experience ideally in a pharmaceutical setting
• Practical experience with some of the following would be advantageous: molecular biology, antibody screening methods, antibody engineering, RT-PCR (ideally from single cells), gene cloning, protein expression and purification, primary and reporter cell assays, FRET assays, ELISA, FACS, Flow cytometry, Biacore, and novel assay development.
• A highly motivated individual with a proven ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight timelines.
• Possess an inquisitive and innovative nature, and an ability to work in a thorough manner.
• Exceptional organisational, communication and inter-personal skills.
• A passion for delivering innovative new medicines for patients suffering with serious disease