12 month position
The candidate we are seeking must have an absolute minimum of 1 year industry experience with solid experience of mammalian stable cell lines. Ideally Msc or Phd. The individual should be able to problem solve and provide solutions to scientific challenges. This is a lab based role.
We are currently seeking a skilled cell culture / expression scientist with experience in the generation of stable mammalian cell lines for the expression of proteins. The successful candidate will be employed in the Cell Line Development sub-team which is part of the Antibody Biology Group. Within the Antibody Biology Group, this team focuses on the generation of stable mammalian cell lines and the development of manufacturing processes.
• Lab based scientist taking a role in the planning, design and delivery of stable mammalian cell lines for the expression of proteins
• To support optimisation of cell culture processes and help implement novel technologies
• To analyse and understand data to inform on selection of best stable cell line clones for manufacture
• Communication both within the Cell Line Development Team and across multiple disciplines (Project Teams, Antibody Discovery and Clinical Production Teams) ensuring that information on work progress is relayed in a clear manner, highlighting any technical issues/opportunities and providing potential solutions
• Understanding the protein needs of early stage projects and therapeutic area scientists along with coordination of delivery with project teams.