Hobson Prior is currently working on a Research Scientist position based in Oxford. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving team and work on the development of biochemical assays and workflows for lab-on-chip devices.
Research Scientist – Oxford
- Recognise potential problems when implementing biochemical assays on devices
- Brainstorm methods of optimising biochemical assays
- Measure improvement of assay performance by carefully planning and executing targeted experimentation
- Design and implement protocol modifications
- Communicate across the company progress made and share best practice
- Align work with the client’s health and safety policies
- Ensure compliance with the client’s Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Able to apply new skills, processes and approaches effectively
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly flexible
- Ability to supervise colleagues, particularly researchers and/or technicians
- PhD in Physical Organic Chemistry
- Creative, with advanced problem-solving skills
- Highly competent in the usage of a wide range of scientific laboratory equipment
- Publications would be advantageous
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading specialist life science recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.