Hobson Prior are currently working in a leading biopharmaceutical organisation who are seeking a QC Senior Scientist on a permanent basis. You will join a manufacturing team who are committed to delivering high quality products for use in clinical trial programmes.
- Support Clinical Trial manufacturing through performance of QC testing.
- Qualify and validate test methods and processes to ensure their suitability for use in support of Clinical Trial manufacturing.
- Support, train and mentor junior members of the team.
- Lead investigations for OOS / QERs / Change controls relating to QC activities.
- Select and purchase appropriate QC laboratory equipment. Lead equipment qualification activities.
- Lead technology transfer of QC test methods into the Product Delivery group.
- Perform supporting QC stability programmes.
- Assist in the performance of health and safety risk assessments, COSHH etc.
- Participate in the development of QC assays suitable for product release or characterisation.
- Author reports and regulatory documentation as required.
- Work with external QC service providers.
- Accountable for adhering to all health and safety guidance, provided by the Company.
- Meticulous eye to detail and ability to accurately follow SOPs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and focused on team outcomes.
- Degree or higher degree in Biology/Biomedical Science/Immunology or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a GMP QC laboratory.
- Directly relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Prior experience of working in a busy laboratory environment.
- Prior experience of training, mentoring and supervision of junior laboratory staff.
- Prior experience with a range of biopharmaceutical and cell-based techniques including some or all: Aseptic technique, Sterility testing, Cell Counting, Flow cytometry, qPCR, Mammalian cell culture, Potency testing.
- Knowledge of cell biology and immunology.
- Familiar with GMP regulations.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.