Hobson Prior has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Project Engineer based in Blackpool. The client is part of a franchise of orthopaedic and neurosurgery companies and works in developing medical equipment. This is a wonderful 6-month opportunity, providing the successful candidate with the chance to play a key role in supporting manufacturing through developing manufacturing processes/projects to achieve operational targets.
Project Engineer (Contract) – Blackpool
- Aid in positively impacting the key metrics through delivering key projects to the value stream
- Introduce new technology and equipment in order to improve process and increase capacity
- Have a thorough knowledge of validation requirements for new equipment introductions/processes/process changes
- Recognise capital spend budget requirements, whilst managing the budget for process improvements
- Formulate all relevant manufacturing specifications
- Work with the department's continuous improvement programme to lead cost and technical improvements
- Ensure effective closure of quality system documents (Audit Actions, NCRs, CAPAs etc)
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in project budget control
- Strong decision-making skills
- Extent of confidentiality – direction is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information
- A degree of responsibility – must be able to take clear direction and take ownership for systems
- Degree in a relevant engineering/science discipline, with 2 or more years’ experience
- Experience in a regulated industry – FDA, ISO etc
- Ability to lead projects to completion, whilst remaining within budget and within the allotted timeline
- Leadership skills and ability to make decisions effectively
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading specialist life science recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.