Hobson Prior are looking for a Production Scientist - Lentiviral where you will join the LVV Production team at an emerging cancer immunotherapy organisation, who are focused on developing cell-based treatments. This position is on a permanent basis, located in North Lanarkshire.
- Responsible for the production of clinical grade lentiviral vectors.
- Accountable for the transduction of γδ T cells for the production of cellular therapeutics.
- Assure all manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the registered product requirements and to current regulatory and quality standards.
- Raise to the line Manager any deviations occurring during the manufacturing process and ensure a deviation report is submitted and corrective and preventative actions progressed to completion.
- Supporting the smooth technical transfer of new processes from Product Development into GMP Manufacture and be fully trained in both the technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products.
- Analyse all production methods, techniques, processes and equipment and implement improvements or changes in order to maintain the highest levels of performance within the department.
- Ensure high standards in production documentation ensuring that all procedures are documented and reviewed to appropriate quality standards.
- Assist in the preparation and review of GMP compliant documentation including batch manufacturing records, standard operating procedures, technical transfer reports, change controls, COSHH assessments and risk assessments.
- Support the general production activities including ordering of consumables, training records updated accordingly, ensuring equipment compliance and a general good housekeeping including cleaning of the Production facility.
- Strong communication and teamworking skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A degree or higher education qualification in a relevant life sciences discipline.
- Have experience working within a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in recombinant virus production and/or mammalian cell culture.
- Ion exchange chromatography and/or tangential flow filtration.
- Familiar with the regulatory landscape surrounding the use of lentivirus in the production of cellular therapeutics, particularly CAR-T.
- Previous experience in updating and creating relevant GMP documentation.
- Understanding of GMP procedures, ideally in both lentiviral production and cell therapy contexts.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.