Hobson Prior are seeking a Production Engineer join a top medical technology company who are determined to make healthcare better by delivering pioneering products and services within a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Assist the Senior Production Engineer in delivering smooth and effective support to the manufacturing business.
- Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility.
- Communicates by “exception” risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning.
- Deals with constraints or secures support/assistance of Senior Production Engineer.
- Control and supervision of overtime working by prior agreement with the Director, Global Operations and Custom Devices.
- Ensures processes tools and technique are developed to “best practice” working with production.
- Creating production CNC programs and proving out.
- Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with Senior Production Engineer.
- Co-operate and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimize designs for machining and assembly.
- Gathering data and investigating non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the division’s quality targets.
- Define maintenance and TPM plans ensure plant/equipment is maintained and serviced in line with requirements.
- Supporting production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders and setters/operators to ensure smooth machining processes. Training others as and when required.
- Support and lead manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long term manufacturing strategies.
- Producing process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts and Process docs e.g. Layout etc.).
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Self-Motivated and Managed
- Good understanding of products and processes
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post graduate Manufacturing/production engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high quality CNC machining and assembly environment.
- Background in jig and fixture design, including build and prove out would be preferred.
- Ability to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
- Prior experience of working with CAD/CAM packages – Ideally Siemens NX.
- Prior experience of working with 3d modelling packages – Ideally Siemens NX.
- Experience designing jigs and fixtures.
- Ideally experience of 5 axis machining of complex surfaces.
- Experience of working in a Quality Environment.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.