Hobson Prior are looking for a Materials Science Engineer to join a medical device company who focus on innovative medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience. You will evaluate and provide materials advice to the R&D team, create and review material specifications and be a project team member on a global company alignment project.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in materials science and engineering.
- Strengths should complement the existing research activities of our department.
- Develop understanding of the orthopaedic device market and clinical and business needs.
- Become SME in metallurgical scientific discipline.
- Review next-generation materials for instrument and implant application and provide advice on suitability and potential further evaluation requirements related technologies for medical devices used in the treatment of musculoskeletal joint diseases.
- Have a working knowledge of ISO and ASTM material standards.
- Present project work to group, R&D and company stakeholders.
- Develop effective working relationships within R&D and across the company.
- Partake in technical review of new technologies and product development opportunities.
- Partake in and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge for application to experimental work and projects.
- Write technical reports, test protocols and work instructions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to partner effectively.
- Good working-level communication and presentation skills.
- MS in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics or closely related discipline with 4+ yrs industry experience, or BS with 5+ yrs industry experience or PhD with 2+ yrs industry experience.
- Proficiency in advanced metals, materials processing, materials performance, microstructural science and the role microstructure has on properties.
- Proven track record of successfully leading research projects/teams.
- Knowledgeable in physical metallurgy, mechanical behaviour, phase transformations and advanced microstructural characterization.
- Previous experience of developing materials specifications.
- You will understand the metallurgical effects of heat treatment, sintering, solidification
- Expertise in super alloys and titanium-based metals.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.