Hobson Prior are looking for a Manufacturing Improvement Senior Specialist to join a diagnostic company located in Birmingham on a permanent basis. Our client provides diagnostic products to clinicians and laboratory professionals all around the world. This will be responsible for helping in the coordination of root cause investigation for production improvement and support activities.
- Completion of reports into reported non-conformances.
- Completion of trend monitoring reports to review the performance achieved on a variety of different targets, looking at any trends that may be observed and proposing outcomes to either maintain or improve the quality of these products.
- Review of RCI and trend monitoring reports assigned to them by the Improvement Manager or Production Coordinator.
- Complete change orders on the back of improvement activities allowing for incorporation of changes into manufacturing.
- Responsible for staff performance reviews and staff development of their reporters.
- Help mentor junior staff levering scientific knowledge to help and educate.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of current quality control methods used in industry.
- Develop specialist experience and knowledge within their area.
- Make sure that hazardous chemicals and reagents are handled appropriately and according to COSHH regulations.
- Evaluate analytical methods and equipment to maintain highest possible standards.
- Implement the use of the scientific method throughout the manufacturing.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously.
- A good relevant Scientific degree in Biological Sciences (Grade 2(i) or above).
- Experienced laboratory worker (10+ years in IVD /Pharma/academic field) with proven experience in areas including immunisation strategies, protein purification, electrophoresis, and immunoassays.
- In-depth knowledge of immunology.
- Project work including project design, implementation, statistical analysis and report writing.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.