1 year contract with option to extend, 4 days per week
Laboratory Analytical Scientist
Reports to: Manager Analytical Laboratory
- As part of the chemical laboratory team, you will provide service to our R&D group. You will support new product development by planning, carrying out, interpreting and reporting analytical experiments.
Depending on the business needs, the new products in development might include small and large molecules, used to complement the post-harvest and health & hygiene product pipe-line.
- You will collaborate with colleagues in the entire organisation by working together to set up experiments, discuss results and plan next steps. This means that experiments performed can be broader then pure analytics but depending on the project needs they might also include biological experiments, small scale application tests and others.
- You will actively look for external analysis capabilities and will interact on technical aspects with CRO’s.
- You will strengthen your knowledge on a wide variety of laboratory techniques.
- You will work in a ISO 9001 environment and will adopt all related EH&S² procedures in your daily work.
- Master in Chemistry with proven experience in working in a laboratory environment
- At least 3 years of experience and sound knowledge in several of the following areas: organic and inorganic analytical chemistry (UPLC, GC, ICP, XRF, IR)
- Experience in LC-MS analysis or working with or knowledge of agrochemical products is an asset
- You have a ‘hands-on’ mentality
- You feel comfortable with setting up own experiments together with project and lab managers and report on the results
- You are independent, focused, thinker, problem solver and have eye for details
- Flexibility, good time management and constructive interaction will be critical
- You have good Dutch and English communication skills (both written as spoken)