Temporary position - 3-6 months with potential to extend
To manage the day to day running and maintenance of laboratory and equipment, including maintenance of relevant records to support an ISO 13485 laboratory
Key responsibilities and duties:
The range of duties will include:-
· To set up and maintain the laboratory environment ensuring tidiness and clean glassware and labware at all times
· To maintain equipment and materials including instrumentation, glassware and consumables, ensuring that they are in safe working order and stored or catalogued appropriately.
· To order required materials and chemicals and keep a record of stock and consumables, to ensure materials are available when required
· To be involved in the assembly, utilisation and maintenance of SOP’s.
· To carry out defined tests on equipment to ensure correct functioning, e.g. DLS, Titrators and Rheometers
· To analyse and interpret the results and produce reports, as well as being able to monitor the technical standards achieved.
· To maintain and ensure that the regular servicing and repair of laboratory equipment/apparatus takes place.
· To organise the delivery and disposal of solvents, chemicals, equipment and waste.
· To personally adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures in all working areas and to carry out COSHH and Risk Assessments as necessary.
· To create and maintain relevant safety paperwork as is required
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Level 3 NVQ in a relevant subject area and relevant post qualification work experience
a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant technical or scientific role
· An understanding of the basic technical, practical and scientific principles necessary
· The ability to understand and interpret the technical requirements
· Good analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Good time-management skills and organisational abilities.
· Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email.
· The ability to work collaboratively within a group and also to work independently.
· Communication skills appropriate to the work to be undertaken.