Hobson Prior are currently working with a contract development and manufacturing company who are seeking a Head of Engineering. Our client offers a vast range of services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology areas. You will lead and manage the site engineering teams to deliver engineering support to operations and facilities activities.
- Ensure ISO is adhered to in all areas of work.
- Ensure training has been received before undertaking specific duties and that all training is recorded in training records.
- Understand Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Process safety process and follow all company HSE procedures. Report all accidents or any unsafe conditions in the work place.
- Adhere to all HR policies and procedures, to include all absence policies and procedures.
- Liaise within your own department to ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the appropriate personnel on a regular and timely basis. Provide regular updates to your line manager regarding progress on required duties and the status of any projects.
- Ensure that all job specific responsibilities relating to the overall role objective are carried out in accordance with the requirements outlined within the Arran Athlone core competency framework.
- Observe and adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies ensuring that a neutral and harmonious work environment is maintained in which bullying and/or harassment does not occur.
- Strong team/people management skills.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Excellent project management skills (critical path, cost control etc.).
- Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer.
- A minimum of 10 years engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry/fine chemical industry or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years in a responsible position of leading, developing and coaching engineering teams.
- In-depth working knowledge of engineering within an operating environment.
- Prior experience of engineering maintenance and compliance with statutory regulation.
- Prior experience of providing process engineering support to chemical development and/or commercial chemical manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of ISO systems, and building services such as chilled water plant as well as working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning and project management of process and utility equipment.
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability techniques as well as experience of the Safety Management of contractors.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.