Hobson Prior are looking for a Downstream Process Scientist to join a top biopharmaceutical organisation who specialise in CNS, Inflammation and Immunology. This role will be accountable for contributing to the development, optimisation and characterisation of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics.
- Undertake purification process development experiments for fundamental understanding of individual unit operations.
- Assist with the evaluation of new bioprocess technologies.
- Recognise and utilise appropriate analytical techniques.
- Good record keeping and documentation.
- Effectively communicate findings to multi-disciplinary Process Development Teams.
- Capability to perform appropriate analytical techniques and analyse data, with good attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters or PhD in a related field.
- Knowledge of various downstream processing tools (in particular Akta and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment).
- Prior experience of protein purification (chromatography and ultrafiltration), as well as an understanding of analytical methods (HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis) for assessing product purity and protein characterisation.
- Ideally previous experience working with protein purification in the Pharmaceutical Industry, or who have completed a placement year in a similar field.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.