Job Role: Biologics Downstream Process Scientist
Job Hours: Full-Time – temporary 12 month contract with option to extend
Biologics Downstream Process Scientist
Due to number of projects within an exciting and varied portfolio of antibody therapeutic programmes, there are currently positions for talented individuals with an academic interest and experience within Downstream Process Development.
This role will be responsible for contributing to the development, optimisation and characterisation of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics. The work will span the provision of Well-Characterised Processes supporting Drug Substance Manufacture at various stages of Drug Development.
Successful candidate will be expected to:
• Undertake purification process development experiments for fundamental understanding of individual unit operations
• Assist with the evaluation of new bioprocess technologies
• Identify and utilise appropriate analytical techniques
• Demonstrate ability to perform appropriate analytical techniques and analyse data, with good attention to detail
• Good record keeping and documentation
• Effectively communicate findings to multi-disciplinary Process Development Teams
Working within an international and multicultural environment you should be open, flexible, and have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Skills & Qualifications
Applicants should have knowledge of various downstream processing tools (in particular Akta and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment), proven experience of protein purification (chromatography and ultrafiltration), as well as an understanding of analytical methods (HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis) for assessing product purity and protein characterisation.
Interested candidates should have a strong Bachelor’s degree, Masters or PhD in a related field. Ideally, we are looking to identify candidates who have had previous experience working with protein purification in the Pharmaceutical Industry, or who have completed a placement year in a similar field. This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
Only candidates with the right to work in the EU or a full and valid visa will be considered.