Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Director – Manufacturing Sciences & Technology to join a top biopharmaceutical organisation who are focused on delivering pioneering medicines to improve lives of people globally. This position will be accountable to drive the MS&T deliverables through strong strategic leadership, execution and ensuring current skills, equipment and facilities are in place.
- Manage the Manufacturing Technology group & staff; incorporating direct and indirect staff management.
- Ensuring access to, or creation and maintenance of, all required Equipment and Facilities to execute MS&T activities.
- Deliver technical oversight of Manufacturing operations on the site.
- Lead investigations, process improvement programs and the design, optimisation and implementation of robust biologics production strategies.
- Provide effective strategies to optimise manufacturing throughput, efficiencies and improved batch success rates, supporting expansion and growth of commercial campaigns.
- Improve scientific leadership in resolving manufacturing process/product issues, investigating and resolving unexpected or out-of-specification events.
- Developing site strategies and cross-site interactions to support enhanced manufacturing ambition.
- Manage the Tech Transfer of new biologics processes from Development into Commercial Manufacturing, supporting fit-to-plant studies and effective cross training between departments.
- Establishment of a science-based approach to product-process understanding and commercial robustness in line with regulatory requirements, providing effective manufacturing characterisation, control and testing strategies.
- Execute appropriate state-of-art process technologies and lifecycle strategies, with support of new process validations and preparation of regulatory dossiers.
- Co-operating with internal and external parties to lead advancement of site manufacturing practices.
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders across and outside of the business to drive forward and support the organisations Biologics strategy.
- Effective interactions across Biologics Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical, Commercial Franchise, and other key functions to meet process requirements and production.
- Ability to lead diverse and multi-cultural technical teams, advancing technical areas of responsibility through development of different biologics.
- Skilled and adaptable communicator across broad grade range of staff expertise.
- Able to influence, persuade, negotiate compromise.
- BSc and PhD equivalent experience.
- Proven knowledge and technical capabilities across core areas of bioprocesses (including EColi expression systems) for novel Biologics.
- Biopharmaceutical industry experience managing technical bioprocess teams and manufacturing operations.
- PhD level, with considerable bioprocess development & manufacturing expertise would be ideal.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.