Hobson Prior are looking for a Design Engineer to join a medical device company who deliver pioneering medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience. This position will be located in Leeds on a contract basis.
- Accountable to interpret x-rays and Request Forms to determine patient and surgeon requirements.
- Designs custom-made implants:
- Creates 3D CAD models using Unigraphics.
- Creates 2D drawings and X-ray templates.
- Communicates with NPI workshop employees to ensure designs can be manufactured.
- You will support NPI workshop employees throughout manufacture.
- Communicates with surgeons and the organisations Account Managers throughout each project.
- Accountable to create Custom Design Rationale document for each project.
- Accumulates documentation and for Case History File.
- Keeps in-house records up to date.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, databases.
- Qualified to minimum of HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Product Design, or with equivalent experience.
- Applied knowledge of high-end 3D CAD systems.
- Hand calculation (Stress/Strain) and elementary FEA experience.
- Practical knowledge of GMP disciplines.
- Working knowledge of design standards and practices (ISO and ASME).
- Practical knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T).
- Experience of working in a highly regulated, quality systems-oriented industry.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.